When school’s in session, we lose many of our valuable volunteers. Have some time to spare? Maybe you’re retired or just looking for a little something extra to do to add to the joy in your life? Why not come out to the shelter and volunteer?
We welcome whatever time you can spare, whether it’s once a week or once a month. The animals in our care need the love and companionship you can offer, even if for only a few hours. Our volunteers play a vital role in the successful operation of the shelter! You can make a difference by helping out in a variety of ways. We have a brief list below, but the possibilities are endless! Maybe you have some ideas of your own to share with us? Stop in to our shelter or contact us online to discuss how you can help out.
- Clean cat rooms
- Do laundry
- Wash dishes
- Groom cats & dogs
- Feed animals
- Walk dogs
- Plan special events
- And so much more!
The staff is in the process of working out schedules and planning ways that our friends and volunteers can assist in the daily process of operating our shelter. Some of our “Help Wanted” ideas are listed below.
- Animal Caretaker Assistant – clean cages, feed & water animals. Help is especially appreciated between 8:00 am and 11:00 am Monday through Friday.
- Animal Socialization – walk dogs, play with cats, kittens and puppies, groom and otherwise help care for the animals.
- Gardening & Maintenance– if you have a green thumb or have carpentry/maintenance skills, we would like to talk to you. Maintenance and gardening needs are not seasonal but ongoing year-round.
- Fund Raising Assistant – help shelter board members and staff with various fund raising activities such as raffles, aluminum can collection drives and bake sales.
- Special Events Assistant – work closely with shelter board members to coordinate various special events.
Your Humane Society NEEDS YOU! Please contact us to volunteer your time and talents.